The Society of Vascular Nurses would like to introduce the Circulation Foundation Vascular Nurses Award. It is a monetary award of £1000 that has been very generously granted by the Circulation Foundation, and each year there will be up to 5 awards available.
The award will be granted on an annual basis for the specific purpose of funding a project that will benefit patients with vascular disease, either directly or indirectly, and all proposals will be reviewed on a yearly basis. The closing date for applications is the 1st September, and the successful applicants will be formally announced at the SVN annual general meeting in November.
Please see below for information on eligibility to apply, and the application process:-
- The applicant must be currently working within the specialty of vascular, caring for patients with vascular disease, and working within Great Britain and Ireland.
- Priority will be given to applicants who are members of the SVN, however non-member applications will be considered once applications from members have been considered.
- The project must have an outcome that benefits patients with vascular disease, or their carers, directly or indirectly.
- Examples of an appropriate project are those related to:
- a higher educational course, such as an empirical research study
- an audit of current services
- an analysis of an area of vascular nursing
- a service development project
- a project to enhance the patient experience
This list is not exhaustive, and any application will be considered.
- If the project involves changes to current services, the project must be agreed by the institution for which the applicant is working, and the award cannot be used to run the service.
- The project should be overseen by a senior vascular colleague, either a Consultant Vascular Surgeon or a Vascular Nurse Specialist.
- The award is granted by the Circulation Foundation, though the application process will be organised and overseen by the SVN.
- The maximum monetary award available to each applicant is £1000, with a total of £5000 awarded by the Circulation Foundation each year.
- The applicant must provide exact details on how the monetary grant will be used. The award can be for a monetary sum less than £1000
- The successful applicant will receive a year’s membership to the Society of Vascular Nurses alongside the monetary award.
- The successful applicant will be expected to provide a report on the development and results of their project, and present at the Society of Vascular Nurses meeting. This will occur once the project is completed, or a year after the award is granted, whichever comes first.
To apply, please fill in the form below.